|
1019 Rte Principale, Val-des-Monts, QC J8N 4H0 |
Quebec Tourism Region : Outaouais
English Version
During the first settlements (1845-1871), two islets of settlers appeared very early on: one spread out on each side of a small road between the bottom of McGregor Lake (Martin Bay) and Déziel Point, on the Lac-Saint-Pierre road, probably named after Victor Déziel, who owned lot 26 of Wakefield range III.
This name is printed on the 1891 map of the Geological Survey, in the form "Déziel's Corner".
This information appeared in the volume La Blanche de Templeton, 1989.
Version Française
Lors des premiers établissements (1845-1871), on vit très tôt apparaître deux îlots de colons : l'un s'échelonne de chaque côté d'un petit chemin entre le fond du lac McGregor (baie Martin) et la pointe Déziel, sur le chemin du Lac-Saint-Pierre, nommée sans doute d'après Victor Déziel, qui possédait le lot 26 du rang III de Wakefield.
Ce nom est imprimé sur la carte 1891 de la Commission géologique, sous la forme « Déziel's Corner ».
Ce renseignement est paru dans le volume La Blanche de Templeton, 1989.
Address of this page: http://qc.ruralroutes.com/28189.html
Quick Search
